what it feels like to lose you

Sunday, September 07, 2014


My love,
it's been a long time
since my lips damped yours.
Every day after that damned night,
I try to recall how it good it is.
Now that so much time has passed, I
wonder if you still
remember how it felt.
Every time I hear your voice,
I wonder how many pieces
of the person I love is left of you.
And now that you have become
someone you both love and hate, I
couldn't wait to see it for myself.
I have waited long enough
and I am still waiting
because nothing ever
makes me feel alive more than you do.
I wonder for every night
the next night I will
be in your arms again.
I walked this world without you
and it made me feel like I'm a
many different person with only
one dream, to have you.
Every morning when I wake up,
I decide whether it's the kind of
dream I want to pursue.
Our memories that haunt me
have made it difficult for me
to say no.
Because the girl that I am
is more than the promises I have broken
and the excuses I have made
to cover myself.
And while I am both running away from
hope and chasing after a chance,
I try to recall the feeling of having you.
But for now, let this sink in.
This is what it feels like to lose you
and I can only hope that you share
the same agony too.


You Might Also Like

0 comments