Ed Sheeran: Live in Manila

Saturday, March 14, 2015



When you have the chance to see one of your favourite musicians perform live, you grab it. That’s what I did months ago when I impulsively decided on purchasing tickets to Ed Sheeran’s Multiply Tour here in Manila. After getting a yes from two of my good friends, Lala and Khre, I immediately went to buy the tickets online. Unfortunately, Khre wasn't able to join us due to work, so she sent her boyfie along.

British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran serenaded the entire Mall of Asia Arena come March 12, 2015 on a one-night-only concert which immediately went sold out hours after its ticket release. Every fanboy and fangirl went in line outside the arena eager to see him perform his hits from his latest album, Multiply and of course, show their love for the artist.

I know little about his background, how he strived to become the artist he is right now, and how he have lived his life before the fame. So like everyone else, I was in awe when I realized he was performing all his hits alone. Definitely a one-man band. No backup performers, second vocals, and stuff like that. One of my friends told me it’s how he performs.

There were so many highlights during the concert. The crowd really did an amazing job singing along to his hits even if it was entirely impossible to rap with him *I know he pointed out he’s not a rapper, but he sings super fast!*. My favourite part of the night was his mash up of Don’t/No Diggity/Nina. Don't is my personal favorite and I've been singing along to Nina, plus No Diggity is a classic. How could I say no? Ed also performed some of his old hits such as Lego House, The A Team, Drunk, Give Me Love, and You Need Me But I Don’t Need You.


Couples and lovers had their chance to be all lovey-dovey when Ed performed All of the Stars in a truly romantic fashion *lights totally went out and the crowd brought out their phones to light up the arena* and of course during Thinking Out Loud where every couple around me and my friends kind of felt the need to be sweet and showy. Lol.

I didn’t expect the concert to be so amazing. Hell I wasn't even that excited. I've been too stressed lately that excitement didn't find a way to surface. However, the crowd was definitely amazing that it made Ed say, “This is honestly, hands on my heart, the best reception I've ever received,” and it definitely sent the entire arena to screamville. The funniest part was when he ended the night with Sing and left us all hanging, singing to the song’s Oh part and wishing he would come back again, but then he wouldn’t. We called it a night then.



I only had one decent photo of him performing because we were seated at the farthest section and were too busy singing along to his songs.




So I gathered a few photo from the internet so I would get to remember how this night went even if it was too good to be blurry in my mind.



A photo posted by Music Management Intl (@mmilive) on

Ed posted a photo of the crowd on his Instagram. It was wild. Good job, Manila!

A photo posted by @teddysphotos on


X-Tour Setlist:

  1. I'm A Mess
  2. Lego House
  3. Don't / No Diggity / Nina
  4. Drunk
  5. Take It Back / Superstition
  6. Photograph
  7. All of the Stars
  8. Bloodstream
  9. Kiss Me / Tenerife Sea
  10. Thinking Out Loud
  11. I See Fire
  12. The A Team
  13. Give Me Love

Encore:
  1. You Need Me / In Da Club / Fancy
  2. Sing

You Might Also Like

0 comments