Mixtape: My ex would be proud

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Talking about an ex is like playing with fire—it burns. There are so many memories to tell, so many mentions of the tears, the heartbreaks, and all the bad things that sometimes we barely talk about the small things.

I think I haven't talked about my exes this way.

I've always told everyone who tries to date me that I often try to get something out of someone (something about this part made me sing Madonna's Material Girl). Like something to remember them by (as if the heartbreaks weren't enough). I think I did a good job trying to learn something from them aside from all the life experiences (like never date a guy like him ever again).

My first boyfriend was a douche and our relationship lasted only for days so I barely got anything from him, except my first heartbreak. HA.

I can barely recall their order but I once dated a drummer. And nope, he didn't teach me how to play the drums but he did influence me to learn how to play the guitar. He's one bad ass of a musician.

I've also dated a painter who have taught me a lot about maturity (like never date a guy who thinks like a child) and appreciate all forms of art. He taught me how important it is to incorporate your identity with your art, like a signature. And I remember him whenever I see something similar to his personal brand of art.

This mixtape has nothing to do with them. It has something to do with someone who taught me a lot just when I thought I knew everything. I don't want this to sound like I'm throwing shade, so careful now.

I knew a lot about music even before we got together, but my ex has influenced me to go beyond different genres. I haven't enjoyed music the way I enjoy it now.

So here's a mixtape that I think will make my ex proud. *wink*

Track list:

Don't Wanna Be Your Girl Wet
Leave A Trace Chvrches
Greek Tragedy The Wombats
In My Head Betablock3r
Slow Burn MADE IN HEIGHTS
You're The One For Me Great Good Fine OK
Summertime The Mowgli's
How Hard I Try filous, James Hersey
Beat Of My Drum Powers
Shine Years & Years

You Might Also Like

0 comments