Goodvybes Fest 2016—A Photoblog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Music fans and hipsters alike all flocked to Aseana City Open Grounds last Saturday, February 20, 2016 for Goodvybes Festival, a brainchild of Vybe Productions who are known for bringing international indie acts in Manila since 2014.

The line-up which caters mostly to synth-based pop music took off in full blast mode with several international acts from the west to headline their first ever music festival.

Passion Pit, whose concert in August 2015 got cancelled, finally landed in Philippine soil and many fans were pleased to finally see Michael Angelakos perform. Chvrches returns after a successful concert in Samsung Hall, Taguig last November 2014 with the same passion and generosity for their fans while elevating their energy and craft.

The two biggest indie acts were joined by up-and-coming London-based duo, Oh Wonder, whose music has been known through the internet and Stars, a Canadian-based band returning after a wild performance last 2013.

Stars with a 60-minute set and tons of energy. 

I must admit I do not know Stars or their music but they got me at Amy's "I hope it all ends up in sex."

The only song I know was Your Ex-Lover Is Dead, apparently I am not the only one.

My favorite performance was Oh Wonder's, simply because I am a huge fan of their music. I came in the concert prepared to cry because of these guys. Josephine and Anthony looked so perfect together #relationshipgoals. 

The closest we got to Anthony who took a sign from a fan that says Loving you is not hard. This was before they performed Drive.

The couple ended their set with Technicolour Beat (so sad they did not perform Plans). I hope they come back for a solo concert soon.

The crew was preparing the stage for Chvrches when they put this one up but took it down right before the band performed. Why? 

The definition of perfect. 

Lauren owned the stage during their set. She was everywhere! I heard a guy said Ang likot niya!

I was so amazed when Lauren played the drums during Empty Threat. We were really looking forward to this song but still got so surprised with her talent. 

Again, perfection.

Highlight of the day was our meet and greet sesh with Chvrches!

Eugene and his friends adopted us and shared with us their space near the barricades!

Went to the fest with these guys.


A video posted by C. (@thetenthofseptember) on


For a first, I think Vybe Productions delivered. It wasn't their fault PayMaya wasn't working the entire fest. We ran out of cash because we decided to load it all up in a card. Good thing there was refund. I wasn't able to watch Passion Pit up close. We had to leave our spot because we got so thirsty and hungry after five hours of standing.

Also, I wasn't able to watch local acts because we were busy preparing for the Chvrches meet and greet.

Looking forward to next year's Goodvybes Fest because I know this is the only way I can watch my favorite indie alternative bands.

:)

You Might Also Like

0 comments