Baguio City

Saturday, April 26, 2014

I think it is safe to say that Baguio City is my family's favorite vacation spot. Every year, we try to make it a point to come and visit, often times during the Holy Week.

When my uncle from Taiwan arrived, the family decided to spend the 4-day vacation at the City of Pines. And so we did. Here's my little photoblog of the city.


La Union bridge before we turn right to Kennon Road.



Veranda of the house we stayed for three days.


View from the veranda.

Beside us is Summer Place Hotel.
During our first Baguio trip, I remember riding a boat in Burnham Park with the whole family and with the number of guys we have, we still couldn't row the boat to the middle. So we ended up hiring a rower.


The whole Baguio trip seemed like a throwback after throwback. I remember riding a bike (the Go Cart type) when I was 7.

Deck view from the top of Mines View Park.

Pile of candles burned the facade of the station.
Crowd at Lourdes Grotto.

Dog cemetery beside Tree Top Adventure.
Me and my uncle ninong outside tree top adventure.

We were fortunate to catch the lion dance show at Bell Church. This has been one of the best and death-defying performances I've seen in awhile. The lion dancers fell during their last act (eating the flower at the end of the platform) which sent everyone to screaming. But the show must go on and so they did the last act gracefully. Kudos to the group!

Dragon chilling at the pond. Piss.

Bell Church is located at the border of Baguio and Benguet.

Gates of the temple.
Dragons. More dragons.
Took a run on our first morning in Baguio. The weather makes it more bearable!

The great strawberry taho.

Many people think strawberries is for Baguio. But me? I look forward to this sinful delight every damn time. Baguio is for grilled squid and calamari!


Our accommodation. Charaught.
This was actually an unplanned shot. I was just envious of the girl who stood here before me and took a photo. So nakigaya ako. LOL


Baguio Public Market sells Speculoos.
Sea of clouds along Naguilian Road.

You Might Also Like

0 comments